HONGSA POWER COMPANY LIMITED “HPC” aims to harmonize the operation excellence growth with safety, health, environment and social sustainable implementation to be a leading mine-mouth power plant company in ASEAN in accordance with HPC’s Safety, Health, Environment and Social management. We are dedicated to conduct our business in the responsible manner to “Protect life, Minimize loss, Conserve environment and Contribute to community initiatives”. Hence, HPC has established SHES Policy and SHES objectives by considering the organization’s context, nature, scale and SHES impacts during the operational phase as below:
• Establish and implement a management system or systematic approach for the activities conducted by HPC, operators and contractors to address safety, health, environment, and social issues to comply with company’s obligations.
• Work closely with the management, operators, contractors, and others to establish management plan in addressing safety, health, environment, and social issues together with integration of accountability accordingly.
• Protect the environment and prevent pollutions and impacts arising with a prompt action in response to those pollutions and impacts as well as support efficient use of resources as reasonably as practicable.
• Care for occupational health and safety of our employees and all personnel undertaking works for the business by maintaining a safe work environment and taking all practical and reasonable measures to eliminate accident and occupational illnesses.
• Strive for improving and sustaining harmony with the nearby communities through community development and engagement activities based on “equity, inclusion, mutual respect, flexibility, transparency and accountability” concepts.
• Focus on a priority action in response to Project Affected People ("PAPs") and communities on management of water use, forest, land use nearby the CA area, and health surveillance program.
• Promote open communication on occupational health and safety, environmental and social issues for better understanding as well as create sustainable benefits for relevant stakeholders.
• Encourage the consultation program to all employees and employee representatives, as well as improve the employee’s competence to ensure occupational health and safety, environmental and social responsibility awareness.
• Periodically monitor and review the progress and success of safety, health, environmental and social management system to enhance and ensure continual improvement of the performances.
HPC recognizes that effective SHES management can contribute to the overall performance of our business. Therefore, management and employees at all levels shall take full responsibility and are closely engaged with SHES program implementation. Additionally, all employees, operators and contractors are also obligated to understand and adhere to this SHES Policy by executing their own SHES duties and actively participating HPC's SHES programs.